- Post code:
- Area code:
- Web site:
- Contact / booking:
- Contact / booking:
National Park Kopaonik was founded and proclaimed in 1981. It covers an area of 11.800 ha, and has a protecting belt of 19. 986 ha, 689 ha of the wildlife refuge is under special peotection.
The park is placed on the highest parts of the mountain.
The base of the park represents mountainous, relatively levelled region of the medium height above sea – level about 1700 m.
The lowest altitude is about 640 m above sea – level. The highest altitude is Pančićev vrh ( 2017 m ) .
According to the laws of the Republic of Serbia on protection of nature, a large number of objects of nature, natural and man – made objects which can be found in the National Park Kopaonik, are singled out and classified according to the different of protection.
NATURAL WILDLIFE REFUGES OF NP
1 . Kozje stene – with relict groups of juniper trees, fir trees and heather and a large number of relict kinds and vegetation of rocks ( B – 3 ) .
2 . Vučak – includes unique group of fir tree and juniper tree ( this combination may be seen only on Zlatibor and here), as well as two groups of juniper tree, fir tree and beech tree ( C – 3 ) .
3. Mrkonja – includes group of beech tree and fir tree of the preserved structure in the voJ conditions of the degraded soil (D-2).
4. Jankova bara – the biggest pear – bog on Kopaonik, with a large number of peat – bog gruops as well as the specific groups of juniper tree, fir tree, Austrain / black and Scots pine ( C – 3 ) .
5. Gobelja – wildlife refuge of the representatives of the mountain, climate – regional groups and distinct groups of ostenjak with habitats of extremely rare and jeopardized species ( D – 3 ) .
6. Barska reka – includes forest groups of beech tree, fir tree and juniper tree of relict character, which are important for the science ( C – 4 ) .
7. Samokovska reka – includes extremely interesting and various groups of jumper tree with moss, common sorrel, wood – rush and others, as well as vegetation of peat – bog ( C – 4 ) .
8. Metodje – includes six phytocoenologically different groups of juniper and beech trees and the number of other rare and relict plant spades ( E – 4 ) .
9. Jelak – includes interesting ecosystem of beech and fir inside which wee meet important and rare species – yew – tree (E-4).
10. Suvo Rudište – characteristic representative of the mountainous region at the top border of the forest vegetation with groups of climate – regional groups of blueberry, juniper bush and gufor sub – alpine juniper tree, as well as with the groups of tipac and metličasta vlasulja ( d – 5 ) .
11. Duboka – in the municipality Brus – includes parts of relict group of beech tree with bul – rush, as well as group of beech tree with hornbeam ( a unique group on Kopaonik ) ( E – 5 ) .
12 . Jelovarnik – hydological and geomorfological monument, fall with three cascades of hight 70m, surrounded with intteresting ecosystem of beech and junipertree, rocks and waterfals.
13. Bele stene – ( Withe rocks ) – geologocal monument rocks massif of the limestone at the upper border of the vegetation in community with bluberry, jumper bush and junipertree. . .
– Geomorphological monuments – stone granite sculptures: Lisičja stena (D – 4 ) , Pajin Grob ( C – 3 ) , Suvi vrh ( C – 3 ) , Jankov breg ( C – 3 ) , Babin grob ( C – 4 ) , Visoki deo ( C – 4 ) , Karaman – Vučak ( C – 4 ) .
– Geomorphological monuments – traces of Pleistocene glaciation: Circ Krčmar ( D – 5 ) , Circ Široki do ( E – 4 ), Circ V. Gobelja ( D – 3 ) .
– Geological monuments: Velika stena ( E – 2 ) , Velika Siljača ( E – 3 ) , Jelica ( E – 3 ) , Žljeb ( E – 4 ) , Gvozdac ( E – 4 ) , Oštri krš ( D – 3 ) .
– Hydrological monumants – springs and fountainheads: Fountainhead Duboko ( E -5 ) , Spring Marina voda ( D – 5 ) , Spring Krčmar ( D – 5 ) , Waterfall Barska reka ( B – 5 ) , Semetško jezero – lake ( A – 4 ) .
– Hydrological monuments – strictly protected water – courses of the river basins: Samokovska reka ( B – 2 ; D – 4 ) , Gobeljska reka ( C – l ; D – 3 ) , Barska reka ( B – 5), Brzećka reka ( F – 4 ; G – 3 ) , Duboka reka ( E – 5 ; F – 5 ).
ARCHITECTURAL ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE NP AREA
– Remains of the medieval road – Kukavica ( about 4 km ).
– Remains of the medieval former mine site – village Zaplanina, Samokovska reka, Kadijevac, Suvo Rudište, Brzećka reka, Bela reka.
– Buildings of the sacral architecture – site of a former church in Metodje ( E – 4 ) , church of Sv. Petar and Pavle in Kriva reka ( F – l ) , Building from the Turkish period – turkish bath in Jošanička banja( B – l ) .
– Monuments from the liberation wars: monument on Mramor ( F – 5 ) , monuments Djački grob ( C – 4 ) , Raskrsnica, monument to the victims of fascism in Kriva Reka ( F – l ) .
– Other monuments – Pančić Mausoleum ( D – 5 ) (placed in the complex of the special purpose).
– Business buildings constructed in the past – Mijatovića jaz ( A – 2 ; B – 3 ) .
– Housing buildings constructed in the past:village Lisina (B-5), village Djordjevići (G-3), grillage Crna Glava (E-l), village Kriva Reka ( F – l ) , village Brzeće ( F – 4 ) .
– Business buildings constructed in the past – water mills and saw mills: Brzeće ( F – 4 ) , Kriva Reka ( F – l ) , Gobeljska reka ( D – 3 ) , Jošanička Banja ( B – l ) .